From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN FD+BRS - LabVIEW programming

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Jeff,

I revised the code a touch to make it easier to run your experiment. Unfortunately I still get the same error.

My frustration is that I run BM, switch the unit on and it works a treat. I kill BM, run my app, switch the unit on and all I get is errors !!

Is BM written in LabVIEW ?

Andrew

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,384 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RASedden

The bus monitor is written in LabVIEW and is almost identical in structure to the Stream Input example which your application is based on. I was able to reproduce the bus errors using your latest example and think I have figured out the problem.

We should be using the in-memory cluster for CAN FD which is ":can_fd_brs:". Notice there are two colons. Your example only has the first colon. When I add the second colon it works fine.

Constants.PNG

Since the in-memory constant is missing the colon I would expect to see either an error or some other indication that it isn't right. I will file a bug report to look closer at this behavior to see if it can be improved upon.

Jeff L
National Instruments
Message 12 of 14
(2,378 Views)

Just to confirm that all is now well. I cannot thank you enough for your support - so simple an error but so devastating a result

My CAN FD Terminal is now up and running - onto the decodes !!

Thank you

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,376 Views)

Thanks for this, I would never have figured this out! If anyone needs to set two custom baud rates, this worked for me

jackwhelan_0-1684941222211.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(884 Views)