Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN C

Hi Friends,

This is Anil, and I have been dealing with CAN for the past one month. I am familiar with CAN 2.0 A and CAN 2.0 B. But heard of CAN-C few days back. Couldnt find ANY data regarding the same online or in anyother documents.

It will be great if any of you can update me with recent developments. Heard that its the terminology used by Daimler Chrysler, couldn't find anything from their website as well ? Any other relevant information will be appreciated.

You can mail me at  anil.allur@lntemsys.com or srivatsavonline@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
Anil Srivatsav
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,500 Views)
Hi Anil,

I am not exactly sure if this is what you are referring to, but the Class C definition for CAN defines the speed at which data is transmitted.  Class C CAN devices transmit at 125kbps - 1Mbps.

While I am not familiar with it, it is possible that CAN-C could also be a private standard built upon CAN, as you mentioned.  Many companies (automotive and otherwise) create their own protocols which build upon the CAN standard.  These internal standards are often confidential and proprietary, making information about them difficult to obtain.

Do you have a specific purpose for which you need CAN-C specifications, or are you just asking about CAN-C out of curiosity?

Jason S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,485 Views)
Hello Jason

Thanks for the updates. I got some information on the so called C_CAN [CAN Core, Message Handler...] from Bosch. But It is not in the steps of CAN A and B. Quest for Information reg CAN C was for my technical updates and my on-going project needs CAN with 125 kbps. So, CAN C is not of immediate concern. But I will be looking fwd to keep myself in tune with developments in CAN. Thank you

Have a nice time ahead.

Anil
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,467 Views)