cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive diagnostic command set

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,
I started to use "Automotive Diagnostic Command Set" for LabView with NI USB CAN 8473 and I have a fundamental problem: I can not see the answers of the ECU.
The messages are properly sent and my ECU responds (see him with another tool that acts as a sniffer on the network), but are not able to review the responses of the ECU

What I'm doing wrong?
In attachment the screenshot of my very elementary project
thank you very much

monica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(10,302 Views)

Hello Monica,

You can check the example in Labview "Transmit Receive same port.vi"

I think it shows exactly what you would like to do.

Antonios
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,286 Views)

those examples you metion dont make sense, as they are not based on the Automotive Diag Command Set.

I would suggest that you check the error cluster if there is a timeout error shown. If so, please verify

-baudrate

-cabling/termination

-Transmit and receive IDs

If the error still does not go away, can you provide a the bus log file information you have with your sniffing tool that we can check what is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(10,283 Views)

Thanks Gibson,

I attached the screenshot in witch yuo can see my project, the errors and the can traffic sniffed.

Thank you very much for the help

monica

Thanks also to Antonios but I cannot open your examples because I've LabView 2010 (LabView2011 doesn't yet support Automotive Diagnostic Command Set!?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(10,278 Views)

as I mentioned in my first reply the Transmit Receive Examples postet do NOT refer to ADCS, but are NICAN examples which dont make sense in this context

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(10,273 Views)

I also took the opportunity to point out the incompatibility between LabView2011 and AutomotiveDiagnosticCommandSet

thanks for your support Gibson

monica

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(10,270 Views)

thats right. next release of ADCS will offer support of LabVIEW 2011

As long as this release is not available, refer to

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9741E4E5F5E01354862578FB004E36D0

how to use ADCS under LabVIEW 2011

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(10,265 Views)

No Monica Gibson is right, 

the .vi that I send was compiled in 2011 and can not be opened with a previous version of Labview.

Also I didn;t take in mind that you are using the Automotive  Diagnostic  Command  Set so the vi that I sent you is not right for your needs.

Are you receiving any error while you try to read your data?

The most common you might face is error -8260. If this is the error you can solve it by using Diag Set Property and setting global fill can frames to true.

Can you check through the error handler if you receive such an error?

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(10,261 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author scmm

When you are using the ISO TP - Mixed Mode, you need to specify the address extensions for receive and transmit as well as the Receive and Transmit IDs.

To do so, refer to any of the ADCS examples. Basically, you have to set the Receive Address Extension and Transmit Address Extension fields of the diag reference cluster that is output from Open Diagnostic.vi. You need to set those to the first bytes of your diagnostic CAN messages.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(10,252 Views)

Thanks Christian,

you hit the problem!

I forgot to enter an address.

Now everything works right Smiley Happy

Thanks to everybody

have good work

monica

0 Kudos