Automotive and Embedded Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add CRC field and a counter to a CAN frame

well , thank you for your answer ! 

actually I'm a beginner ! and I still dont know even what crc means ,

I'm using USB  8502 to communicate with a car product ( so  only my pc and one  product  !)

I have the frames to wake up the product ( which is cyclic to keep the bus alive)  and the frames to request data that I want to read  from the product ! 

so as a first step I think I must develop  a function to send CAN frame and see the response of my product ! 

I dont know even how to start the bigining of my project which has many other steps and this step will put me in the right way .

I think it's very easy for you so i asked you for the code that you already did it before you asked for information in the forum .

plz if you have a way to help me and some keys to search and develop my skills in labwindows/cvi , CAN , and the use of ni-xnet  ! 

Thank you for helping me ! 😄 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(661 Views)

CRC, it is a method of ensuring that the data you get isn't corrupt.  I'd start with trying to understand CAN, start with my first blog post on CAN.  But before that you might want to take some LabVIEW or CVI training.  Also if you have any other equipment that does work properly like a Vector setup that works, I'd recommend tapping into that CAN bus and watching the traffic to understand what it is doing to replicate it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(646 Views)