From 12:00 AM CDT Sunday, October 17 - 11:30 AM CDT Sunday, October 17, ni.com will be undergoing system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Advanced Plotting Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there zoom tools?

Solved!
Go to solution

My users need to zoom in on parts of their graphs in 99% of the applications I write. Are there built in zoom tools similar to the standard LabVIEW plots?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(122 Views)

What's blocking you from using the built in tools? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(110 Views)

@RkTrey wrote:

What's blocking you from using the built in tools? 

That's my question, are there built-in zoom tools for the Advanced Plotting Toolkit? As far as I can tell all of the Advanced Plotting Toolkit plots are shown in a picture control. AFAIK, picture controls don't have built-in zoom tools.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(93 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BertMcMahan

Oh heck I'm sorry; I completely overlooked what forum this was posted in. 

I don't think this toolkit provides any interactive features. If you need user interaction and your distribution can include Python, you may take a look at Plot.ly. LabPlot.ly (https://www.vipm.io/package/foerster_tech_lib_labplot_ly/) was released, about a year ago. Plot.ly plots are super feature rich though I can't speak to how well LabPlot.ly works. 

You could attempt to roll your own zoom features for the picture control (https://lavag.org/topic/20177-control-picture-zoom/) but I'd wager reworking your code base to work with Plot.ly would result in better useability in shorter delivery time.

Message 4 of 5
(70 Views)

Thanks for the info. I like the sound of Plot.ly but the Python distribution requirement is going to make things a bit more difficult than I'd like, so I'll probably stick to the standard LabVIEW plotting tools, even though the APT plots look WAY nicer. I can't justify the time requirement to get custom zoom working in APT 😕

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(45 Views)