Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S.Kakibe

Output 1st-order signal with Real-Time Sequence calling CSV files

When CSV file is imported to stimulus profile editor, VeriStand outputs the 0th-order signals drawn in blue. However, my customer wants to output the 1st-order signals in red. That would be best to select 0th/1st-order hold depending on the applications. Do you have a plan to support this feature in the near future?
According to this link, the Stimulus Profile Editor generates a real-time sequence from a CSV file.  So it would be very nice to have this feature in VeriStand 🙂

image.png

8 Comments
Tobias Gilbert

Did you already try the TDMS Player Add-On? It can replay a TDMS measurement file with different interpolation methods.

Converting your CSV into TDMS should not be very complicated.

S.Kakibe
Active Participant

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your advice. I did not know TDMS Playser, so I hahve checked it. That would meet my requirement! I tried to control TDMS Player from Stimulus Profile, but I could not do that...  Is it possible?  If so, I guess you use  "Send Workspalce Tool Message".

Saku

S.Kakibe
Active Participant

I am sorry to bother you, but I noticed that you can access custom device parameter from "variables" functions on realtime sequence.

Thanks,

Saku

StephenB
Active Participant

I agree that we should offer interpolation for our CSV playback, so I kudo'd your idea.

You can work around this by using the VI I just posted here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20394

To convert your CSV file to a real time sequence and then add interpolation to the generated file.

Stephen B
S.Kakibe
Active Participant

Hello,

I need your advice about TDMS player. This post is sort of support request, I hope you can forgive me.

I installed TDMS player, but configuration setting is a little different from the image on the web.

In my PC, singal name is not enumerated under TDMS player, so I could not assign the TDMS output.

I downloaded the files agian, but things does not change.

Do you have any idea?

Saku

My PC

image.png

On the web

images.png

S.Kakibe
Active Participant

Hi,

It seems that TDMS player can play only waveform data type in tdms file. Is that right?

If so, how shold we create waveform data? LabVIEW can generate it, but DIAdem can not. (As far as I try, DIAdem can create three data type, numeric/time/string.) My customer want to edit/create signals while viewing it. I think tdms player is not easy to be adopted if we can not provide tdms signal editor.

I met my customer who is condering HIL systems replacement yesterday, my cutomer did said that linear interpolation function is necessary again. So I hope you add this feature to improvement list. (Or, I will lost $1M oppotunitySmiley Sad)

Saku Kakibe

S.Kakibe
Active Participant

Hello,

I have worked on this matter.
I create waveform in DIadem with script like the following. So this problem is resolved.

-------------------------------------------------

Dim Mydt,MySignalName
MySignalName = InputBox("Enter Signal Name","Signal Name","")
Mydt = InputBox("Enter data interval(unit:sec)","dt","0.001")
Call Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Add(MySignalName)
Call Data.Root.ChannelGroups(Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Count).Channels.Add("Time",DataTypeFloat64)
Call ChnGenVal("["+Str(Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Count)+"]/Time",1,2,0,Val(Mydt),0)   '... ChnArg1,ChnRow,ValNo,ChnBegin,ChnStep,ValueOverwrite
Call Data.Root.ChannelGroups(Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Count).Channels.Add(MySignalName,DataTypeFloat64)
Call ChnToWfChn("["+Str(Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Count)+"]/Time","["+Str(Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Count)+"]/"+MySignalName,1,"WfXRelative")

-------------------------------------------------

However, TDMS player does not work fine. Now I can map TDMS player output to others, but TDMS player always does 0th order interpolation although other interploration mode. I asked this problem to AE, and I hope this will be resolved soon 🙂

Saku

schrotti

Thats exactly what im looking for. Kudo!