Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tperson

MAX Print Task, Configuration

Wouldn't it be simpler to wire your DAQ systems if there was a way to print the tasks? This is exactly what I'm proposing - a 'Print' function from the menu to print the channel order for a specific task that would also contain the system configuration. See below:

MAX_PrintTask.png

Would create a file that looks similar to this:

MaxTaskConfig.PNG

I'm not saying that this is the end-all-be-all, but some way to print the channels contained in a task would simplify my life.

3 Comments
JoshuaP
Active Participant

Out of curiosity what do you plan to do with the print out?

tperson

I would take it to the hardware and know what channels go where. When I start development, I know what channels I need but not necessarily the order; I cement the channel order in MAX/LV but end up hand writing a list.

It would also be helpful if the developer isn't the one wiring the system - one could simply hand the print out to a loyal minion to speed along setup.

Background: I work in a engineering test department and our test setups will run ranging from 30min to 10K hours. We spend a significant amount of time setting up and tearing down tests/instrumentation; a list of channels, their order, and required hardware would simplify things.

JoshuaP
Active Participant

Thanks for the information.  If you are using LabVIEW, why are you storing your tasks and channels in MAX.  Why not just add them to your LabVIEW project to ensure they always ship with your application?  

This would help eliminate or at least reduce the need for anyone to configure your tasks and channels in MAX before your application will work.