From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Additional NI Software Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S.Kakibe

Better Mapping user interface in VeriStand

Hello,

Mapping in VeriStand 2011 consists of only text, but user could grasp the whole mapping if the number of connections is increasing. So, visualized mapping tool like dSPACE ConfigurationDesk as below image must be good user interface for users.ConfigurationDesk.png

Regards,

Saku

• VeriStand
9 Comments
Allende

It's a very nice idea. Now it is difficult to see the mappings between variables and also to check if there is anyone without mapping.

Bye.

Miguel.

Call_Me_Vinny

This is absolutely necessary for anyone working with a System Definition file with any level of complexity.

Chris
Project Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
D4N!3L3

Any modern software package that deals with complex networks of interconnected entities offers a graphical interface... except VeriStand that only has a (90' style) list view. Want to do better than dSpace? Take a look at the Blender's texture editor...
Related image

(and Blender is freeware and open source)

meekir

This feature is still not  exist in VeriStand 2016. When to improve the Mapping function?

James.Jia

微信截图_20180206110008.png

CLD 

Iniesta_Luján

I'm looking forward to see better Mapping utility too.

especially for CAN signal, usually I have to do mapping hundreds of signal to ECU.

so new mapping utility should be linked with XNET database editor.

MichaelAivaliotis
Active Participant

I wish I could vote a 💯  kudos for this idea.

Michael Aivaliotis
VI Shots LLC
James.Jia

The picture program is the best mapping way in the veristand .

In this way ,you can add or delete mapping like veristand.then save to *.sdf.

you can quickly find out which channel link to choose chaanel. example you choose source channel ,then you kit "channel fitter", you will find the mappings that link you choose source will be in the left-button window list.

the picture source is grogramed by me.

James.Jia

good news, now in the veristand 2019 r2, we can use  the wire to connect mapping