Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
MK2012

強制ドットの扱い

強制ドットは意図的でないデータ型式の変換を警告するが、データ形式が同じでもタイプ定義の有り無しが異なると強制ドットが付く。

これは疑似エラーであり、データ形式が異なる真性エラーをマスクしてしまい、強制ドット警告の品質を劣化させている。

従って単にタイプ定義有り無しの違いに対しては強制ドットの色をオレンジ色にするなどしてエラーレベルを落とす方が良いと思います。

また、ブロックダイアグラム中の強制ドットの検索方法が提案されているが、強制ドットは常にバックグラウンドで検索して欲しい。ちなみにプログラム実行に支障が有るときは実行指示のボタンの形が変わり実行出来なくなるが、強制ドットなどがある場合にはボタンの色が変わり、右クリックなどで警告の一覧表が出て、それぞれを確認できる仕組みが欲しい。

特にタイプ定義を使っているとタイプ定義の修正の結果、意図しない場所で、新たな警告が誕生する可能性があり、毎回意図的に強制ドットの探索を掛けるのは非常に煩わしく、失念する要因となる。前記の機能があれば、修正直後に副作用を確認できる。

2 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Is this an idea to improve software?  Or a question asking for help?

If this is an idea, you should post in English as these are English forums.  I guarantee no one will vote for an idea they can't read in Chinese.

If this is a message asking for help, then do a report to moderator asking to have it moved to the Chinese forum.

MK2012

It is an idea about Coercion dots. There were two issues on this item. And your comment generates one more issue really.

(1)  Pseudo error of the Coercion dots.

Coercion dots will appear even if both data type are same but one is type-def-ed and the other is not. This pseudo error decrease the quality of Coercion dots function.  The color of dots should be different from Red, for example Orange.

(2) Search of Coercion dots.

This method has been announced in many place.  It is simply because people needs this function.  Then I wonder why LabVIEW do this function in the back-ground and show any indication in the status bar or so.  I don't understand why programmer do this work periodically. I believe it would be a peace-of-cake for LabVIEW.

(3) One more issue for Japanese version

At the beginning, I was using Japanese version.  However, when I started to use property node, I encounter the problem that the translated property node name doesn't sound or suggest English function name too much.  So, I switched to English version. Also if the investigation level reaches certain level then there are only English description.

This time, I communicated with Japanese supporter and manual.  The Japanese word of Coercion dots is "強制ドット".  It took some time to find the Coercion dots out.

So, I am strongly recommend for editor of Japanese Manual to attach original English term for the translated LabVIEW special term.  For example.  強制ドット(Coercion dots)はデータタイプの異なる代入が有ると発生します。。。

There is another function which is "タイプに強制変換" and released in LabVIEW 2018 SPI. I an tired to search the English name of this function.