Actor Framework on cRIO

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

Actor Framework breaking when moved from cRIO to Computer and vice versa

Hello,

I have been working with the actor framework for the past month on a project for my company that will hopefully end up with us having a whole new architecture for our cRIO builds. The backbone of this is to be the actor framework utilizing the message handling that is available.

Over the past 2 weeks I have experienced an odd issue with transferring virtual folders to the cRIO or back to the computer. After having my code working on my computer I decided to finally deploy the code onto the cRIO for more testing. After having the code work on the cRIO I wanted to do some more testing on the computer host side. I transferred the files back up and all of the vi's have become broken. After looking into my errors, which will be posted here as well, I can only see that all of the Actor Framework vi's are broken internally and are complaining about missing members of the class.

This has happened twice now, both by simply transferring virtual folders from one area of a single project to the next. The first time I was able to fix the issue by actually deleting the actor framework folder from the NI programs area and reinstalling it. I have looked for this issue a bit in the forums and have only found one issue similar.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/26650?start=0&tstart=0

The first time I had broken vi's with broken wires similar to this and the fix suggested did not work. This time around I am not able to see any broken wires just the errors saying things are broken.

Has anyone experienced any similar issues like this before? Any advice on where to start considering that the VI's were working fine until the transfer. Also another side note that we have attempted placing this project on other computers and it appears to have no effect. The VI's are still broken.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,178 Views)
1 REPLY

Re: Actor Framework breaking when moved from cRIO to Computer and vice versa

From a first pass, it looks like the main error is coming from your MainActorLoop class which is saying "This LabVIEW class is missing at least one member VI", so have you looked at the class in your project to see if it lists any of the members as missing? That'd be the place to start...

Also, using actors across targets in the same project has several inherent difficulties so I'd recommend keeping your different targets in different projects.

You may also get more exposure to your posts (for future ones) if you post on the main AF forum...

Hope that helps! --Ryan_S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,056 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.