Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginner in AF _ help me understand

Hi lab funs,

i am beginner with Actor framework (AF). Could you help me understand how to work with AF?

My app has 5 cylinders ( Gate, Lift, Shift, Grab, Clamp ), 3 Lamps ( Pass, Error, Servis), 2 Locks, Air distributed ( Vent, Sensor ) and HW Start button.

I made class of cylinder with methods ( Init, Move, Check Position ) and i made driver used QMH for this class.

Q1: if i want control 5 cylinders, i must make actor for each cylinder or only one ?

Q2: How i make comunication between actors cylinder and air distributed ( is free-running, every 1s check pressure then go to turn ON or turn OFF and send message to control actor if pressure = false )

THX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,523 Views)

I quickly looked at your example.  I think you would get benefit out of jon_mcbee's example.  It is an excellent at demonstrating QMH, QMH LVOOP and AF.  The link to the message is here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/message/61337#61337.  That has a 2013 link and a subsequent one has a 2012 link.

I also note that you are running 2010 and also recall you just joined the Actor Framework (2010) group.

If it is OK with jon, I will post a 2010 version of his example on the AF 2010 group as well as put a 2010 version of the AF 2013 - at least as best as it can be downgraded.  I cannot do that from work, so expect it to get there sometime tonight.

Anyway, after you review that, let's start this conversation again.  I think you will gain some ideas from simply reviewing his example.

-Kurt

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,894 Views)

OK, check https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/actor-framework?view=documents

There is the QMH example from jon_mcbee and a new ActorFramework release for LV2010 with no guarantees that it will fully work, but it does seem to work with the QMH example.  I do not see any reason that it wont work thougfh.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,894 Views)

Awesome, thank you for rolling this back to 2010.  I hope it proves useful!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,894 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

But i have lab 2012, i save this exam in 2010 because not many people has 2012 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,894 Views)

Hello everybody,

What do you think about this construction:

i have manipulator composite of 4 pneumatic cylinders. I create objects cylinder and manipulator each object has sequence. Cylinder has sequence: check position->desired position->stop & manipul has release->grip->upward->move->level->clamp. Manipul has also 4 parametre for sequnce ( Zon, Lev, Job, Clamp ).

Check my program.

Is it possible this program change to AF ?? Could you tell me how please ??

THX

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,894 Views)