Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splash screen flash

Solved!
Go to solution

photo.PNG

Guys,

I'm including this discussion here because the application was built using the actor framework reference design, specially as it relates to the splash screen.  I'm seeing this weird problem where the splash screen will load for a split second in edit mode rigth before it actually launches properly.  I've tried messing with all the transperancy settings and to open the front panel myself programmatically but nothig seems to work.  Please let me know if you've come across this and how to fix it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(7,426 Views)

I just wanted to add that this only happens with a built executable, and it didn't seem to happen from the beginning as far as I can remember.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,026 Views)

Is the "Show front panel when loaded" in the VI properties checked by any

chance?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,026 Views)

I tried both ways, but I do want it checked, because I want the splash screen to show, the problem is that it seems to show it's front panel in edit mode, right before it properly launches centered on the monitor which is what I have the run time position set to.  I tries unchecking all these properties and setting them programmatically.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,026 Views)

Try unchecking show on load and putting an invoke node to open and then

another one to close at the end.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,026 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JIV-Gables

Okay, after a lot of trouble shooting and going back to a very basic code base, I was able to reproduce the problem by simply creating a new project using the actor framework reference design and simply building the already created application.exe.  If you do this, you will notice that the splash page will flicker from it's edit position and then position itself correctly.  I would love if someone out there could double check that they are seeing this, I tried it on multiple computers and it happens every time.

I fixed the problem by moving the splash page out of the ..launcher.lvlib and simply putting it in my computer.  If you do this, you will no longer see that flash but you won't be able to use the localization vis.

If anyone from Labview R&D could verify this and post whether they agree and can explain why moving the splash page would fix the problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Jorge V.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(5,026 Views)

Could you post a zip of the code that reproduces this?

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,026 Views)

Hello Jorge,

Are you referring to the Sample Project?

Regards,

Thierry

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,026 Views)

Yes, I'm referring to clicking "Create Project" from the labview start page and selecting the Actor Framework Template, and then simply building the already included *exe

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,026 Views)

I think that I was able to reproduce the issue. On my system, a black window appears very briefly before the splash screen loads. This happens only with the executable and not with the development enviroment.

I am not sure what is causing this problem. I will investigate this more at the beginning of next week.

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,026 Views)