From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packed Libraries and AF Debug.lvlib

I've been experimenting with turning AF into a PPL and replacing Actor Framework.lvlib with the .lvlibp version. One thing I noticed when I tried it that I hadn't thought about was AF Debug.lvlib. Replacing the library with packed libary in a project will also replace the dependencies in AF Debug.lvlib. 

Since AF Debug.lvlib and Actor Framework.lvlib have direct dependencies, have others just included the AF Debug in their PPL for AF?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,530 Views)

Yes, we created a ppl with AF Debug included.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,491 Views)

Also if you want to use Batch Msg, Reply Msg, Report Error Msg, Self-Addressed Msg, and Time-Delayed Send Message you have to include them to the PPL yourself since their not included in the Actor Framework.lvlib.

Message 3 of 8
(4,487 Views)

Smiley Frustrated I knew, I missed further details....

Thanks Stefan!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,484 Views)

The actor framework project provider supports PPL as explained in this post.

But if you want to create a project from your own template using an actor PPL make sure the PPL is in the user.lib. Otherwise the new project might be linked to the wrong actor framework.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,483 Views)

I've read that link and many other PPL discussions. My question is more about how to add AF Debug to the packed library and still expose Generate Custom Trace (which is a part of AF Debug.lvlib...and thus not visible in the Actor Framework.lvlibp). 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,470 Views)

Hi wrkcrw00,

I know that your posting is years-old, but I still get this question quite often, therefore I want to post the answer again, to spread the information.

Firstly, LabVIEW 2019 is shipped with an example project "Actor Framework as Debug PPL.lvproj".

Secondly, as your question was about an older version of LabVIEW:

• Stefan Lemmens posted a really good PDF walk-through here.
  • Please note that you need to change the original(!) Actor Framework.lvlib inside vi.lib and build that one into a packed library (if you wish). You cannot simply copy Actor Framework.lvlib to a different location before compiling. Therefore, make a backup, and restore it after you compiled (if you want).
  • I explained these steps more detailed here.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,336 Views)

Thank you for the info. I'm resurrecting the plan to go to PPLs soon. We're trying to get a point with our projects that we can focus on migration into PPLs. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,325 Views)