Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Maker (Source Code) for LV 2011 and AF4.1

I just modified the Send Template.vi method of the Message Template.lvclass to be compatible with AF 4.1. I have some problems with VIPM to build a new package, so I just upload the source code.

Message 1 of 9
(9,797 Views)

Hi Ivano,

What is your problem with VIPM? I also had problem with it when I wanted to make a package for my "Advanced Message Maker". It just hanged up at one VI from "JKI\VI Package Manager\support\ogb.llb". If you have the same problem I can give you the contact at JKI who already tries to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,301 Views)

For those who have just downloaded the message maker, please make sure you also download the support files for the message maker from https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-17168

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,301 Views)

Hello,

Where should I copy these files?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,301 Views)

Charles: They replace the files that ship with LV in the "project" subdirectory. There's one file in the root "project" directory and the rest are in the "_Message Maker" subdirectory.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,301 Views)

Charles: Also, note that these files are for LV 2011. If you're using 2012 or 2013, you don't want to download these.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,301 Views)

I'm confused, I have installed AF 4.1 for LV2011, with VIPM 2013, and can't find any "_Message Maker" in project directory, nor in the rar archive. Should I just drop all the files in the archive in <lvroot>/project? even the lvproj and lvlib?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,301 Views)

OK, figured out that I had to install the Message Maker 3.0.6 before. I guess it could be indicated somewhere because I was confused

Thanks for help!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,301 Views)

That's the problem with posting the .rar instead of the .vip. The .vip takes care of these questions. 😉  Still, I'm happy when community folks help out by posting files like this, even when they're not quite the right format.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,301 Views)