cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2014 and Actor Framework

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

let me, please, ask you a bit strange question. Is it safe to use Actor Framework within LabVIEW 2014?

I mean, LabVIEW 2015 had known bug, that sometimes Stop Core.vi became broken, and one had to fix it by manually modifying library in vi.lib folder (it was even confirmed by instructor at Actor Oriented Design training, and also it is described here). LabVIEW 2014 even does not have option in project provider included by default.
Question is - are there some known serious bugs in AF for LV2014? The point is, that currently I have API, based on Command pattern. It would be nice to change it to Actor-based (to avoid manual creation of messages and VIs for sending), but I'm not sure whether it worth to do it, and whether there will be some issues during usage it as actor-based solution...

Thanks a lot,

sincerely, kosist90

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kosist90

I use LV2014 SP1. My applications run on Windows (XP, 7, 10) PCs. Generaly, in this constellation it works fine for me. Sometimes the bug with broken AF.lvlib has occurred. This error arises, if I had two AF projects open at same time and LV crashes. Because of this I created a GIT repo inside AF folder and put all AF stuff under source control.
For convenient creation of messages, You can install AF Message Maker Project Provider. AFMMPP has problem with unsaved project changes. So save all, because You use the AFMMPP functionality otherwise LV2014 crashes.
In summary it is not perfect, but it works.

Message 2 of 3
(3,006 Views)

Thanks, then I'll go for it! I also use LV 2014 SP1 (forgot to specify it upper), so hope that it'll work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,002 Views)