cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter-Dependency of State Actors

Solved!
Go to solution

BACKGROUND:

So I'm working on a LARGE project, and its getting to the point where it take ~40min to simply open the lvproj file.  To give you an idea of the scale, the Actor Project has 1164 lvclass files, 152 lvlibs, and 4833 VIs.  Needless to say, I've learned the hard way to keep on top of package dependencies.  We have seen when there are circular dependencies LabVIEW will either fail to load the project, or crash.  I'm having one dependency circle that I can't seem to break...

PROBLEM:

So two of the largest actors in the project somehow have a dependency on each other through the State Actor's "Entry.vi".  When I right-click on Actor A's "Entry.vi", and select show Callers, in the list, it shows "Actor B.lvclass/Entry.vi".  If I look in Actor B's "Entry.vi", it has the same issue with Actor A.  

I've attached an example project that illustrates the problem.  I also noticed that the inter-dependency didn't occur until AFTER I created a child of Actor A and an "Entry.vi" for it.  (ie Actor A Sub 1)  For example, I created Actor C, and no children of Actor C, and it doesn't include Actor A or B's Entry.vi's as callers.

Is this expected behavior of LabVIEW OOP, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Actor A Callers

ActorA.JPG

Actor B Callers

ActorB.JPG

Actor C Callers

ActorC.JPG

Actor Hierarchy

Untitled Diagram.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,890 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nathan-p2

Just as an update, it appears that this isn't a real dependency.  When I put Actor A into a project by itself, it doesn't include Actor B in the dependencies, so no cross linking.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,830 Views)

Did you manage to solve your project's high loading time?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,051 Views)