Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error 1055 when overriding Actor Core inheriting from a compiled plugin (lvlibp)

Hi

I'm currently trying to get my hands on Actors and plugins, using LV 2016

After having followed the very accurate recipe found here (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Development-Best/Plug-in-Architecture-using-Packed-Project-Libraries...), I manage to have:

- an "Abstract plugin.lvclass" (inheriting from Actor) in a lvlib in some project. I compiled this .lvlib into a "Abstract plugin.lvlibp"

- a "Concrete plugin.lvclass" (inheriting from "Abstract plugin.lvplib:Abstract plugin.lvclass") in another project. If I right click that "Concrete plugin.lvclass" and hit "New > Vi for override", I keep getting error 1055 (see screenshot)

Error 1055 when overriding any Actor method.png

The only solution is to use the lvlib instead of the lvlibp, i.e. inherit from "Abstract plugin.lvlib:Abstract plugin.lvclass" instead of "Abstract plugin.lvlibp:Abstract plugin.lvclass". In such case, I am able to override Actor Core for example

If I create the Actor Core this way, and switch back to inheriting from the compiled plugin class (lvlipb), The Actor Core gets broken.

What am I doing wrong ? Is there any way for me to build the compiled plugin so that I can still override Actor's methods ? (there is no point in using actors in my case if I can't do that)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,333 Views)