Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Actor Messages limited to five methods?

Whenever I select more than half of my total number of public methods then right-click for the shortcut menu, the "Create Actor Messages" option is gone. For example, in one class I have 8 methods, when selecting more than 4, the option is gone. In another I have 10 methods, select more than 5 and the option is gone.

Ok, a week without any answer....maybe because I didn't ask an explicit question:

"Is there a limit on the number of public methods you can select and from which you create Actor messages?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,898 Views)

There shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure I've made tons at once and never had that problem.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,826 Views)

Silly question, but did you confirm the macro works on each individual VI? Maybe when you expand beyond half you're coincidentally including a VI the macro can't handle.

Message 3 of 5
(2,820 Views)

That is what I was thinking as well.  Perhaps a private method?

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 4 of 5
(2,816 Views)

Not a silly question at all. I did confirm at the time that I could create messages by selecting half of them, then when those messages were completed, select the other half and create those. I just went back and tried to recreate this and, with my luck, failed. I'll keep an eye out for a repeat.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,805 Views)