Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building the Actor Framework to a lvlibp in LabVIEW 2017 crashes LabVIEW

I'm trying to re-architect a LabVIEW 2017 application based on the Actor Framework. I'd like to make some of my Actors into packed project libraries to make my main project smaller and the application more scalable.

But I run into an issue already on my very first step when I try to build a Actor Framework.lvlibp. LabVIEW keeps crashing and I can't build my packed project library. 

I follow this guide:

1) Open LabVIEW 2017

2) Create a project (Actor Framework.lvproj)

3) Add the Actor Framework.lvlib to the project

4) Create a build specification (Packed Library)
5) Build

Right away the build just says Done but LabVIEW then hands and nothing is build.

I found the following thread mentioning this might be a bug in LabVIEW 2017:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Actor-Framework-Discussions/AF-PPL-Plugin/td-p/3689366

AF Bug.PNG

I haven't been able to find a work-around. Does anyone know how to proceed? I guess this is a fairly normal operation?

Best Regards

Anders Rohde

CLA, CLED, CPI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,339 Views)

There had been a bug introduced in 2017 which has been fixed.

Users reported that building a PPL was possible again with the latest fix

Which version is your LV2017?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,315 Views)

I'm running on LabVIEW 17.0f2. Newest version of LabVIEW 2017.

I'd really like to avoid upgrading to LabVIEW 2017 SP1 to solve the issue. This project is complaint and under FDA so not just something you can just do. So hopefully someone knows a way around.

Br,

Anders

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,307 Views)

Regarding these constraints... what are the reasons to use a PPL? Couldn't you go with source libraries?

It would at least save you from the trouble switching the development enviroment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,303 Views)

@A.Rohde wrote:

I'm running on LabVIEW 17.0f2. Newest version of LabVIEW 2017.

I'd really like to avoid upgrading to LabVIEW 2017 SP1 to solve the issue. This project is complaint and under FDA so not just something you can just do. So hopefully someone knows a way around.

Br,

Anders

Replace your LV 2017 AF Debug library (<labview>/resource/af debug) with the one in LV 2016.

The issue is not with the new version of the debug library itself, but a change in that library exposed a bug (described to me as "ancient") in the app builder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,285 Views)

Awsome! Just what I needed

Thank you Allen 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,277 Views)