Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build error 1502 Actor Core

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am trying to compile my program since 2 days but keep getting the error 1502:

image.png

I already repaired LV 2016, I can build a smaller AF project without issues. 

I could compile until now, but recently it is getting worst and worst since I added and used the DSC toolkit in my project and added new Actors (& Actor Core). 

I masse compile, clear build cache, tried many options like in the following like:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P826SAC&l=en-US

Unfortunately by enabling "enable debugging" the build is sucessful, the exe launches and the launcher VI starts but as soon as it hit the "launch actor" in the launcher VI the exe crashes and stops. 

I have more than 50 actors in the project and at least 20 runnings simultaneously (models + views) and the compile time is around 30 minutes, so debugging take hug time. 

How can Actor Core generates this error suddently?!?!

Thanks

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,659 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author =Jean

Well I get the answer myself and hope it will help somebody in the futur. I narrow down the issue to 1 actor (who does not have an actor core.vi !!).

This actor private control had two references: one network stream reference and one shared variable reference. Both reference used two different typedef clusters:

image.png

image.png

By changing the two references not to include typedef I finally succeeded to compile and the executable is working !

image.png

image.png

This nasty nasty bug cost me 3 full days off debugging. I hope it will be more documented (or it is already and I miss it?) or at least when building that just not error 1502 for actor core is showed! 

Cheers

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
Message 2 of 2
(2,632 Views)