cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous Messaging explained as a coffee shop

I changed

• StarBuzz.lvclass
  • Update Entity Details Msg.lvclass

And the few VIs that call the Send routines of that message.

You also have a "Update Status Msg" class that appears to be unused. It is in the .zip file but not in the project. I built my .zip file by doing a Save For Previous from the project which means the only files that are in my .zip file are the ones actually in the project (had to manually copy the names.txt file... I think if that was in the project, LV would have copied it... I know you can add non-LV files to the project tree... useful for tracking such files, and makes them easy to edit since double clicking in the project tree will open them in their appropriate program). You might want to do that to clean out some cruft that I think built up during development.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(3,514 Views)

Second release below.

Incorporated AQ's changes as well as other feedback received.

See details of changes at https://bitbucket.org/pollockm/starbuzz/

Please, keep the feedback coming.  The example is already significantly improved based on your comments - thanks!

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(3,514 Views)

Third release below.

Added a subclass of Customer, CustomerWithCellPhone, which randomly calls people while in the coffee shop.  While on a call, all other messages are ignored.  Also cleaned up some minor stylistic issues with the previous release. 

Next release will feature UML diagrams for documentation!

More feedback is always welcome!

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 23 of 27
(3,514 Views)

MattP wrote:

While on a call, all other messages are ignored queued until the call finishes.

Just clarifying. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(3,514 Views)

I use 'ignored' in the same sense that I 'ignore' things my wife asks me to do.  Just means I get to do them later anyways 

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(3,514 Views)

Hi MattP,

I have been looking for this example for a while now and I am glad that it's finally here. I took the OOP course a while back and this is the perfect example I need. Unfortunately, I cannot open it with Version 11.0.1f2 (32-Bit). Can you recompile?

This is what I get when I try to open the file.

Error.png

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(3,514 Views)

Hey there,
I am using this example to learn more about AF - I am trying to create a MIMO system with NI-USRP 2922 using AF, which hopefully will be easily "modularized".

Could anyone with the rights make a github/gitlab repository for this project?

Github provides an auto .gitignore generation for LabVIEW right now - someone went through some effort to do that,
So all that's missing is actually just separating the compiled code from the source code and uploading (took me 5 minutes to create a private one).

I am propozing this because I see that there are many "TODO" markers inside the project, so it will probably be gradually polished (I guess?) and this might make this forum thread quite long.
Also we never know which version a user is asking about as well.

Researcher @ Gdańsk University of Technology
Python enthusiast
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,984 Views)