Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone care to share complete AF (or similar framework) apps with me?

I need a wider set of AF applications to experiment with. My team and I have long-range plans for making the types of applications that the AF is used for easier to express, and we'd like to be able to work from real-world examples. I have a few apps, but I'd like more.

If you are willing to share the complete code for your AF application, please send me a private message with "AF App Sharing" in the subject line. If you need NI to sign some sort of NDA, please include that in your private message... I'll take it up to legal to see if we can work it out -- we do that somewhat regularly for customer code.

If you have non-AF-but-similar-framework apps, I'm also interested in those. Any framework that shows "parallel processes speaking to each other by asynchronous messaging without name (or similar key) lookup".  If you send one of those, please include a link where I can get the framework (if it is 3rd party) or include the entire framework (if it is your own work).

If the apps have dependencies on hardware, please make sure it is only NI hardware -- I have access to that stuff without having to go get purchase orders. 😉

There's no particular deadline for this request -- any new syntax is likely years away -- but if I could have a few by the end of August, that would be nice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,349 Views)

I should be able to do this; I'll check with my supervisors. My code at the moment is a little embarrassing as I started on it when I started learning LabVIEW and I'm still working through some things. The style and extent of documentation has varied a lot, even though I'm the only person working on it. I've switched from "this is good" to "this is better" to "this doesn't matter" and back and forth a few times.

My hardware is not NI hardware, but my first use of AF was for a hardware abstraction layer anyway. Oddly enough, I'm not yet using that HAL, but I am using the actors I've made for data display, data recording, etc. I'm still using my original LVOOP HAL. I'm in the middle of some stopgap coding so our researchers can do their work while I continue the switch to the more flexible and more easily maintained AF program.

I'll see what I can do, but end of August is probably a little too soon for me.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,338 Views)

auspex wrote:

I'll see what I can do, but end of August is probably a little too soon for me.

As I said, it's not a rush, just a nice-to-have. Thanks for looking into the possibility.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,317 Views)