Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor files being added to directory outside of executable

Good evening, 

I have inherited a large mess of a code base that I have to maintain and I am slowly replacing the modules, as well as adding new features using Actor Framework. I have been using Actor Framework since 2014 and been through the AF Class.

My problem is this:

When I go to build an updated executable of the application, it has alot of legacy code and some of my new actor modules. When I start the build I get a dialog with a message similar to this "LabVIEW prevented a file name collision during the build. Duplicate file names cannot be copied to the same destination. You can rename files as part of the build process to avoid name conflicts."

I DO NOT have the save files for LabVIEW 8.6 hierarchy or whatever it is called for the flat file structure selected. 

It does this when I go to the source files setting page and tell the app builder to put the files into the executable file or if I tell it to including put them in a subfolder. 

All of my actor code that I write is in those locations as well as the actor framework library...

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Appreciate constructive criticism, it is there to help you succeed.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,700 Views)

Hi,

just making sure, I am understanding the situation correctly:

Is the legacy code also AF-based or are you refactoring the code using AF?

Does the original build spec still work? Can you identify the situation the error was introduced?

For the build process, I usually allocate a seperate folder per Actor, which works pretty well.

Otherwise the build process, the build process will try to put all actor code into the identical subfolder which results in the message, you have mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,636 Views)

@SHowell-Atec wrote:

All of my actor code that I write is in those locations as well as the actor framework library...

Do you mean you're using a local copy of Actor Framework, instead of the factory version in vi.lib? If so, is it possible they're cross-linked, with your code pointing to a mix of the 2 libraries? When the app builder tries to pack it all into the EXE, it could result in 2 AF copies colliding.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,633 Views)

Apologies, I just returned from being out in the field.

The legacy code is not AF, I am not refactoring the code for AF. 

I wrote a driver in AF and that is what I am trying to compile into the application as well.

The original build spec works, I am just unclear as to why all of the AF libraries are being put into project as well in the data folder. 

Doesn't the application builder compile it all down to binaries? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,592 Views)

No, I am using the standard AF libraries that are native to LabVIEW. I am not trying to create a local copy of the library.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,591 Views)