Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework Project will not build, no errors in project

Hello,

I'm trying to build my Actor Framework application into an executable, but I get the following error every time I try and build it (see below).

My AF program runs fine, I have no broken arrow errors, but labview still refuses to build. Maybe I am not including something correctly in my project build properties? Is there something I am missing or something special I need to do to build a project using AF?

Very strange it points to gatePlugin.lvclass:Actor Core.vi, however I can open, and build that component of the program just fine.

Maybe one of you AF gurus can point me the right direction? Any assistance is greatly apprcaited. Please see the error below, I have also attached my code.

Some usage details:

run parent.lvclass:main.vi to launch the main application.

Click Launch Sub 1 to populate a graph,

Double click the graph to launch data viewing actor.

That is the basic operation.

Please see the error below:

Cannot complete build because following VI loaded broken:

C:\DeTect\software\dataViewerAF\parent\main.vi

Open the VI in LabVIEW and fix the listed errors. If the VI loads as expected but errors are still detected during the build, contact National Instruments technical support for assistance.

- gatePlugin.lvclass:Actor Core.vi:

VI failed to compile.

Details >

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1003 occurred at AB_Get_Detailed_BrokenVI_Message.vi -> AB_Targetfile.lvclass:Open_Top_Level_VIs.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Engine_Build.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi -> AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,463 Views)

Do you have any conditional disable structures with code that runs in the run-time environment? That code can't be broken, and it will show not broken in the development environment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,839 Views)

Hi Michael,

No, I have no conditional disabled structured in the code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,839 Views)

Hello All,

I have determined what the problem is, but now I need a work around and a possible explanation.

In my program I have created several methods to write data to initialize my Actor's data, and when the Actor gets launched, I read that data inside the Actor Core.vi (and then do some stuff with the data). I have provided a screen shot below.

If I remove (delete) the following read methods (pointed to by RED arrows in the picture below) inside my two Actor Cores, then my program will build properly and run fine inside the runtime engine, however if the methods pictured below are in place, I get the error as described in my previous post when I build.

Overall, the program runs fine in development mode, but will not build with the read methods in place.

My questions are as follows:

(1) Why does this build error happen when the read methods are used?

(2) What is the proper way to pass data into my Actor Core before I launch it?

Actor Core methods.png

Any assistance, is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,839 Views)

Ok,

I feel pretty stupid now. I just realized that you can just unbundle, and I don't need a method for data member access. Interesting why using a method does not work in this case.

Mods please close, lock or delete this topic as you see fit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,839 Views)

mkabatek wrote:

Interesting why using a method does not work in this case.

I have no idea why this didn't work. Did you post this as a bug on the LabVIEW forums or escalate it through tech support? I suspect the AppBuilder team would be interested to hear about this bug.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,839 Views)

AristosQueue wrote:

mkabatek wrote:

Interesting why using a method does not work in this case.

I have no idea why this didn't work. Did you post this as a bug on the LabVIEW forums or escalate it through tech support? I suspect the AppBuilder team would be interested to hear about this bug.

AQ, No I did not. I just figured out how to get around the issue and moved on. However, I could submit it, I did find it very strange that using methods did not work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,839 Views)

Please do submit it if you can.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,839 Views)