Actor Framework Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actor Framework EXE runs and then closes

Solved!
Go to solution

I have tried to create an executable from the shipped example called Actor Framework Fundamentals (the coffee shop).

It is no problem to create a build, but when it is run it opens and closes something and that is the end. I tried a lot of things that I found in this community, but nothing worked. I think I must be missing something fundamental.

It would be of great help if somebody could come with the golden tip, or a build specification that works on this shipped example.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MorganHero

This is because that example uses the "Open Actor Core front panel" flag, which is meant to be used for debugging and testing, and does not work in the runtime engine.

For a real application, you should open the actor core front panel manually (preferably, open it after all UI initialization has happened so it looks professional and does not have a flicker).

If you don't want to implement that yourself, use MGI Panel Actor, which will basically do it for you. This tool is really nice, I always use it when making actors that have a UI.

Message 2 of 3
(1,316 Views)

That works like a charm!

Although I find it a bit of an odd design decision, I haven't been able to find any documentation on this.

Anyway, with leaving the flag on the default "false", it compiles and runs without any problems.

I use the MGI Panel Actor intensively myself and I totally agree with with you that it's a great tool.

Thanks for you quick reply prettypwnie, you saved my weekend.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,291 Views)