From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using myRIO to output analog signal and build a scope to measurement the analog input from myRIO

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user on myRIO and I tried to use myRIO to output analog signal and build a scope to measurement the analog input from myRIO.

I;m using FPGA to do this but something seems not correct. I cannot detect the excet signal from the analog output with an Oscope, the output wave seemed really wired. I hope someone can help me.

2.png

1.jpg5.png

And also the sample scope I build also have some problems.

5.png

I insert my codes down below and hope someone can help me check.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,578 Views)

about the codes I insert, my question is 

1. for output a signal, why the graph shown on the Oscope is different from the waveform graph because even the period and frequency are different >:

2.how to trigger the signal input from the analog input pin of myRIO and show it on the screen because in my VI, when I click trigger, there is no graph output on the screen and when I didn't trigger it, it has the normal input signal graph.

Hope someone can help me, even just give some ideas................................. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,545 Views)

Hi constantinex,

Has your code on the FPGA successfully compiled and is there any data being passed out? 

Try sending a simple sine wave from the FPGA over to the RT Host.

You can find plenty of examples on the following link:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/community/academic/products_and_projects/myrio?view=documents

I hope this helps,

Jinfone
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,522 Views)

@constantinex wrote:

about the codes I insert, my question is 

1. for output a signal, why the graph shown on the Oscope is different from the waveform graph because even the period and frequency are different >:

2.how to trigger the signal input from the analog input pin of myRIO and show it on the screen because in my VI, when I click trigger, there is no graph output on the screen and when I didn't trigger it, it has the normal input signal graph.

Hope someone can help me, even just give some ideas................................. 

Did you find any solution for this issue? I am experiencing the  same problem nothing seems to be working so far.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,095 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. If you find any solution for this issue please share the idea with me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,026 Views)