From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO host usb

Hi.

I'm controlling a 2x15A  RoboClaw motor controller trough one of my computers usb ports using labview. Is it possible to connect the controller to myRIO host usb an control it the same way? I have uploaded a picture of the code I'm using now.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,841 Views)

Hi,

Yes, you do have access to the USB port for communication to external devices on the myRIO. Have you attempted this as yet? Have you received any errors or trouble making that connection?

Nic

--------
Nico
Systems Engineer

Certified TestStand Architect Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,794 Views)

Hi

I'm using a roboclaw 2x7A motor controller and I would like to connect it to myrio via an USB cable.

But I seem to run into the following error.

Error 401226 occurred at Quanser RCP Utilities.lvlib:Error Cluster From Quanser Error Code.vi:4130330

Possible reason(s):
Support for the given board type does not appear to be installed. Verify that you have selected the correct card in the HIL Initialize block or hil_open function.

Could you please help? I'll attach the vi I tried to run.

Complete call chain:
     Quanser RCP Utilities.lvlib:Error Cluster From Quanser Error Code.vi:4130330
     HIL Board.lvclass:HIL Open.vi:370004

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,232 Views)