Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRIO Vision Assistant error uploading Shape Matching files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, everyone.

My goal with this project is to find the external frame of the symbol on the image below. As we can see, it works very well inside the Vision Assistant interface. 

print1.png

However, when we click the finish button, the following authentication window is opened.

print2.png

It does not matter if we leave it blank or write the user name and password needed to login at the myRIO configuration website and click OK or even click the Cancel button or close the window. In any case, the same window is shown again.

print3.png

This time,  if we leave it blank or write the user name and password needed to login at the myRIO configuration website and click OK, the following error happens.

print4.png

As myRIO is a Linux target, we opened the configuration website and then uploaded the shape matching template to the folder indicated by the error message. The same PNG template image was uploaded not only to the "/home/lvuser/natinst/Vision Assistant Files" folder, but also to all the folders inside this one. The only exception is the "OLIMP?ADA" folder, which this interface says we are not authorized to open/modify.

print5.png

Once we did what the error message told us to, we expected the Vision Assistant to run properly, but that is not what happened. Although the input image is equal the one tested inside the vision assistant (1st image of this post), the Vision Assist finds 0 matching shapes and the shape report array is empty, which means that the script is not working when we run it directly on myRIO.

print6.png

Therefore, the problem is probably that the image file is not inside myRIO, or at least, not inside the right folder or place. I would be glad if anybody could tell me where the mistake is.

• How can we solve this error?
  • Is the user name and password combination to authenticate the Vision Assistant wrong?   
    • Where can I find / set the right one?
  • Is there another way to manually upload the template image to myRIO that would work on this case?

Thank you all in advance. Really hope someone can help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,834 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Theodoro_Cardoso

Hi Theodoro,

Unfortunately, this problem is a know issue for Vision Assistant on a RT target. There is a old forum post that gives a good explanation about the issue and the work-around:

Target is currently locked...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/Target-is-currently-locked/td-p/2975067

One way to gat past the issue is install WebDAV on your RT target, and here is a link for the instructions of how to transfer data using WebDAV:

Using WebDAV to Transfer Files to Real-Time Target:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PlESAU

I hope this information helps. Feel free to share any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Isabelle Orlandi
Engenharia de Aplicações
National Instruments Brasil
Message 2 of 4
(3,803 Views)

Oi Isabelle,

Eu também sou brasileiro, então vou te responder em português.

Agradeço a ajuda, usei o work-around do tópico que você enviou e funcionou certinho.

Muitíssimo obrigado. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,789 Views)

Olá Theodoro,

Fico feliz que tenha funcionado! Obrigada pelo retorno.

Tenha uma boa semana!

Isabelle Orlandi
Engenharia de Aplicações
National Instruments Brasil
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,785 Views)