Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CAN for myRIO Error 1055 when attempting to create a sample project

I get the following error when attempting to create a new sample project for the X-CAN module for the myRIO.

Error 1055 occurred at Property Node in myRIOMetaDataObj.lvclass:UpdateFPGARef.vi->myRIOMetaDataObj.lvclass:PostCopyScripting.vi->NewProjectDialog.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x41F) Object reference is invalid.

I have seen that this is not a unique problem, so it is very disappointing that I am not easily able to find a solution to a critical malfunction of a piece of hardware straight out of the box. It doesn't help that the X-CAN is woefully under-documented. I installed the 2018 myRio software package, and am using LabVIEW 2018 with associated 2018 real-time, fpga and rio drivers. The software prerequisites to use the X-CAN are also completely unclear.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,360 Views)

Can you elaborate on exactly what is going on when you get this error? For example, does it occur when you are trying to use a specific example project or when creating a blank project? Does it occur when you run the project or when compiling to the FPGA? More information about the steps required to reproduce this error would be helpful in troubleshooting this.

With that said, there is a knowledge base article which deals with error 1055. I'd recommend you take a look at that and see if any of the solutions outlined there seem to work for your situation.

Additionally the Stratom X-CAN Adapter for myRIO is a third party device so if the error seems to occur only when using that hardware, you may want to reach out to Stratom, the manufacturer for additional assistance. If you decide to email them, you might also want to pass along your feedback about insufficient documentation too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,335 Views)

Thanks. It occurs when opening the X-CAN example project. I reached out to Stratom and they sent me updated code which opens and functions correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,263 Views)

@parsec43 wrote:

Thanks. It occurs when opening the X-CAN example project. I reached out to Stratom and they sent me updated code which opens and functions correctly.

Can you share the updated code with me? or even share how you contacted stratom because they are not responding to my request.

Thank You in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,123 Views)