Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The strength of Myrio is insufficient.

Hello, I'm using Myrio and I've connected with several sensors such as (GPS, Compass, USB camera, LiDAR, Motor Driver) USB camera, and the liDAR connected via USB Hub, so when I execute a code that acquires data from all of these sensors, myrio starts disconnecting and keeps giving me waiting myrio to respond.

I'm in need of assistance in order to address this issue. Do you have any suggestions for how I can assess the current consumption of the Myrio while attaching all of these sensors?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,206 Views)

If you suspect that myrio cannot provide enough current for the usb hub, maybe you can try a hub that accepts external power?

Motor drivers and LIDAR sensors typically consume more current than most other sensors.  Another way to debug is to unplug everything from the usb hub, and try adding each component one at a time to see which one will cause problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,194 Views)

The virtue of the myRIO is its built-in real-time hardware (A/D, D/A, Digital I/O).  It also has a (single) USB port that can take a (single) USB peripheral, including a (single) Web-cam that adheres to the GenICam standards and therefore works with IMAQdx.  If you want to attach multiple USB device to the single USB connector on the myRIO, you'll need a proper USB Hub (remember, the myRIO uses USB 2.0), and will almost certainly lose the ability to properly handle Real-Time processing of signals coming in through that Hub.

There is nothing wrong with the "strength" of the myRIO.  You are just asking it to do something an order of magnitude more complex than its design specifications.  I'm guessing that NI could put together a CompactDAQ or CompactRIO system for 5-10 times the cost of a myRIO that would handle your requirements ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,180 Views)