Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP Problem in myRIO 1900

Hi everyone.

I'm doing a simple test, where I want to send some data from myRIO to PC through TCP/IP.

The issue is that when I put the listener on the PC, and the myRIO tries to open a connection, it fails. But when I do the vice versa (the listener on myRIO and PC opens a connection) it works.

I have the same kind of issue when using network streams. The myRIO has a writer endpoint, and the PC has the reader endpoint. When I configure the writer endpoint by specifying the reader endpoint by its IP (//192.168.1.2/Reader), it is not able to connect to the PC. But when I configure the reader endpoint by specifying the writer endpoint by its IP (//172.22.11.2/Writer), it works.

I guess that the myRIO is not able to identify the PC by its IP, however the PC can identify myRIO by its IP.

Does anyone know how can I solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,806 Views)

Hey, 

So I have a few more questions and then I'll tell you what I think the issue is. 

Firstly, when you say it doesn't work, do you get an error or is there a timeout? 

Are you using the TCP/IP example programs to test the connection? 

From what you mentioned about the reader and writer IP addresses, that connection doesn't seem possible. To connect to each other via IP address you needs the IP addresses to be in the same subnet mask. ie. if your address is 198.168.1.2 and the subnet mask is set to 255.255.0.0 then your RIO has to have an IP address something like 198.168.3.23 with the first two numbers being the same. 

Microsoft has a great article on subnet masks and maybe you need to change the address of the RIO to have it be found. 

Understanding TCP/IP addressing and subnetting basics

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/164015/understanding-tcp-ip-addressing-and-subnetting-basic...

Let me know if this addresses the problem otherwise follow through on the questions I asked and we'll try to figure something else out. 

David Raji

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,773 Views)

Hi,

Im getting timeout errors.

The ip address of my Rio is 172.22.11.2 (subnet mask 255.255.255.248). The ip address of my pc  is 10.110.116.32 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0). 

Im able to ping the myrio ip from PC, but seems the myrio cannot detect the PC ip.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,770 Views)

Hey, 

So im assuming you are connected via wifi? or USB? If using wifi, try to connect via USB and configure the wifi settings. 

Have you also tried pinging the myRIO with hostname instead of IP address? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,758 Views)