Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time data acquisition of piezoelectric pressure sensor from myDAQ

I am newbie to LabView. I am working on piezoelectric pressure sensor from which I need to calculate Time vs Voltage when pressure is being applied. The open-circuit voltage of my sensor in multimeter shows reading of 60mV.  I connected my sensor to myDAQ and acquired the voltage signal on waveform chart. It shows voltage from -10 to  +10V (the voltage range kept in myDAQ properties). Attached the connection diagram and DAQ properties that I kept in Labview. How to view the accurate voltage that is coming from my sensor in Labview. What are the modifications that I have to do to my connection diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,489 Views)

one hint to your piezo sensor:

typically the output of such sensors is a force/pressure propotional charge.

Together with the capacity of the senor and cable and input this results in a voltage which depends also from your setup.

the common way to avoid the cable influence is to read such sensors is  charge amplifier ..

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,431 Views)

So can I connect my piezo sensor output to charge amplifier and then to the DAQ system. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,419 Views)

@Abanah wrote:

So can I connect my piezo sensor output to charge amplifier and then to the DAQ system. 

that's how it is usually done 🙂

what model of sensor and CA do you use?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,411 Views)

I made a flexible pressure sensor for which I need to analyse time vs. voltage. I have to design a charge amplifier using amplifier IC, resistors and capacitors. Can you suggest some simple charge amplifier circuit that can amplify 0-200 mV. What should be the output voltage so that the DAQ can read it.. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,407 Views)