From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read myRIO data over WiFi using iPad or laptop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I would like to be able to read the global variables that a myRIO transmits on its own WiFi network, using any device. Could anyone explain to me how they are encrypted and how I could read them, if possible, using Matlab, C++ or Python.

I am hoping to make an app which uses data collected from the myRIO but processes it using techniques that aren't available in LabView.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,969 Views)

Hey Hazel,

Could you specify which variables you are interested in reading?

Will you be running a labview application on the myrio and broadcasting some data over the wifi, which is then to be read by a different device?

Best,

-Jelmer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,943 Views)

Hi Jelmer,

I would like to read an array containing speed vs. time data which is measured and smoothed using a Labview application on the myRIO. It might also be useful to be able to read strings, such as the recording ID, date and time.

Many thanks,

Hazel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,940 Views)
Solution
Accepted by hazel18

Hey Hazel,

If you want continuous wireless communication to a non NI application on the receiving side you may be best off just using a TCP/IP or UDP application.

Alternatively using the Webservices would also be a an option to publish data.

Have a look at this document: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12079/en/

Message 4 of 4
(3,934 Views)