From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with WiFi connection myRIO 1900

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with connecting myRIO by WiFi (it's necesary in my project). I have done everything according to instruction: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373925B-01/myriohelp/myrio_creating_wireless_networks/

After that I can connect myRIO by WiFi, but the connecting is very long (sth like 10-15 seconds). And as you can see on scr1.jpg I am connected. "Brak Internetu, otwarte" it means "no internet, open" and "Rozłącz" is "disconnect".

But when I am trying to open configure menu on my browser I cannot go into it. (scr2.jpg) - this situation took place all the time. And when I am trying to run one of my projects included myRIO of course I can't because LabVIEW says, that I'm not connected. (scr3.jpg) Deployment progress was very very long (like 10 minutes).

Please help.

Karol

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,577 Views)

Hello Karol,

I usually see those errors when the device is too far away from the computer, the computer's WiFi adapter does not have the latest drivers installed, and/or there is a firewall/antivirus checking all packets to/from the myRIO, which makes the deployment and connection extremely slow.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,516 Views)

Thank you for your reply Oscar!

I tried everything what you said. myRIO is somthing like 20 cm near to the laptop, firewall is OFF, I have the latest WiFi drivers, anivirus is of too. And it doesn't help.

Maybe some other suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,505 Views)

I tried another option.

From that article what I've read I thought that I need to create the WiFi on myRIO. Now I try connect myRIO to my home WiFi. And now I've got progress, beacuse myRIO I/O monitor see my device. But LabVIEW still can't see.

scr4.jpg

Why?

EDIT: After a few tries LabVIEW allow me to run a program, but still doesn't see the myRIO. scr5.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,500 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author karol_hewelt

From the first image you shared (scr4), the problem seems to be that you are using LabVIEW 64-bit, and the Real-Time module (used to communicate with the myRIO) is just supported in the 32-bit version, which is the one that shows up in the second image (scr5).

I am unsure on how the myRIO is configured in the project, but I would double check it is the correct IP (I expect it to have changed when you moved from generating a WiFi network to when connecting to your local network).

See more hjere: 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,489 Views)

Hi Oscar!

Sorry that I'm replying you so late, but I had a little break with my project. I just want to say that you helped me - I solve the problem. The reason why it wasn't work was wrong IP in labview - as you said. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,438 Views)