Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI package manager problems

Hi

Several people in our university have problems since last week with DAQmx and Elvis software installations.

Concrete: mydaq is not recognized  as available and the elvis support software for in our case the mydaq disappears.

What happened at least in one case is that DAQmx 19.6 was installed when the problems appeared, reinstalling 19.5 did not help. Deinstalling with NI package manager did not help either. Uninstalling all software with NI package manager seemd to remove all software but I know that not all has disappeared and reinstalling on that system did not help.

LabVIEW still runs and the problems seem related to control of the myDAQ and recognition of the myDAQ.

Anybody any ideas?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,836 Views)

Yes.  NIPM is (still) problematic.  I've posted several descriptions on the main LabVIEW Forum about how to properly install LabVIEW with NIPM.  It begins with removing all NI Software from your computer and "starting fresh" -- this can also be problematic, but if I can find one of my posts, I'll paste a link here.  Whatever you do, resist using any third-party software to remove NI software for you.  Especially steer clear of trying to "clean up the Registry" -- I tried this 3 or 4 years ago, and ended up reformatting my C: drive and reinstalling everything.

Last weekend, I talked a colleague through doing this (we did it over the phone).  Took about 4 hours, but it was a success.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- found one of them fairly quickly here .  The first section tells you how to safely remove NI Software, the second walks you through using NIPM to install it.  Note that the most recent version of NIPM is NIPM 20.0 (or was the last time I looked).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,673 Views)

Thanks Bob

This sure hints at the problem, maybe NI-package manager sometimes runs in a race condition because it is not written in LabVIEW.....

Difficult to start parallel processes in a non data flow system.

But anyhow maybe we will get a solution when more people are finding it difficult next week.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,665 Views)