Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI mydaq error 201381: one or more connections to external power rails are drawing too much power

I was using the function generator module in ELVISmx 16.0 for some time.

myDaq: https://www.ni.com/en-in/shop/hardware/products/mydaq-student-data-acquisition-device.html 
The analog signal from AO0 was input to a power amplifier for piezo actuation. However, yesterday after using for a while, it stopped working. Now every time I click run, it gives an error:

Error Code: 201381

Possible Reason(s): One or more connections to external power rails are drawing too much power.

Please note that I have disconnected all external connections, still the same error. As far as I could check, the current condition of the myDaq is such that:

1. The Digital Multimeter and Digital Write/Read module of the ELVISmx runs fine.

2. All the modules that employ AI0, AI1, AO0, or AO1 pins give the same error on run. 
3. The 0-5v rails read 5v as measured from an external multimeter.

4. The +15,-15, GND rails read as something below 1V and seem like not working.

In conclusion, it seems to me that the analog section of the device is damaged. But I don't understand what went wrong. Please comment if I am missing something.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,992 Views)

Hi, 

Have you check the Error -201381 forum discussion? This might give you some ideas.

thx.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,914 Views)