Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI ELVISmx instrument launcher - minimum installation

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a myDAQ and would like to use it with the NI ELVIS Instrument Launcher and associated instruments.

I would like to have a minimum installation that only installs the myDAQ drivers and relevant instrument .exe files. i.e. avoid installing full LabView and just have the myDAQ instrument capability (AWG, Bode Analyser, Oscilloscope, etc...)

Is this possible, and what is the best way to achieve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Aboughton

Hi Ian, 

I have had a look and there are suggestions that it should be possible to to use the myDAQ without LabVIEW. However, I can't find any official documentation describing how this can be done. I would therefore suggest that you try installing the NI ELVISmx Driver Software (NI myDAQ hardware driver) and giving it a go. If you can't get it to work, I would suggest that LabVIEW will need to be installed.
Further information can be found: 

Kind regards,

Alice Boughton MEng (Hons)
Technical Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,020 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Aboughton

Hi Ian, 

I have had a look and there are suggestions that it should be possible to to use the myDAQ without LabVIEW. However, I can't find any official documentation describing how this can be done. I would therefore suggest that you try installing the NI ELVISmx Driver Software (NI myDAQ hardware driver) and giving it a go. If you can't get it to work, I would suggest that LabVIEW will need to be installed.
Further information can be found: 

Kind regards,

Alice Boughton MEng (Hons)
Technical Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,020 Views)