Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Resistance with a myRIO 1900

I'm attempting to measure the resistance of a sensor using a myRIO 1900, essentially trying to use the device as multimeter with a higher sample rate. Unfortunately, there's no "easy" way to do this with onboard tools in Labview.

I've looked as using a voltage divider (using another resistor as a comparison), but I'm not sure how to physically do this, especially if I were to be testing a variety of different resistors/sensors.

In summary, how do I measure the resistance of something using a myRIO 1900? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,214 Views)

It sounds like you're talking about doing something like this? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KUVD7RkxNI

I think the video walks through it pretty thoroughly. Have you walked through that?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,176 Views)

I get the concept of that video, I just don't know what I need to do in the real world to make that happen, especially in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,157 Views)

Do you have access to the Analog Input Express VI in your myRIO Toolkit? It looks like you need to be reading in on Analog Input 0 and Analog Input 1. Using that express vi will help you to read the wires you connected to your myRIO from the resistors. Have you looked up the examples in LabVIEW for myRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,144 Views)