From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiDAR (Digital TFmini distance sensor)

Hello,I am working on a project which is using the TFmini (Time of flight) sensor. 

I am going to use myDAQ and LabVIEW to execute my project but after 10 days, I did not figure out if it is possible with myDAQ or not!

The modue data is a hexadecimal output data, each frame data is encoded with 9 bytes including 1 distance data.

Communication interface: UART

Baud rate: 115200

Data bit: 8

Stop bit: 1

Parity check: nope

http://www.benewake.com/en/down.html

Thank you in advanced

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,456 Views)

Hey Eissa,

Looking into this a bit it seems like no, the myDAQ does not support UART communication natively. With the DIO pins available to you it  would be possible to read in a digital waveform, although without proper hardware timing it would be very difficult to actually make something of the data that you received.

The myRIO does have UART support though if switching is an option.

Sam J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,409 Views)

Thank you so much for the response. Do you know about using Arduino and using LINX?

I have tried to get the data, I compared it with GPS but it was really complicated and I couldent find another examples!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,374 Views)

Hey!

I don't have much experience working with those but it looks like they have a pretty active support forum themselves:

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=12

You might have better luck with answers there.

Sam J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,361 Views)

Hi Eissa! did you end up figuring this one out! I am working on the same interfacing myself. would be interested to see what you came up with!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,636 Views)