Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NI myRIO Discontinued?

Hello all, I've been doing some online searches for myRIO (especially Digilent) and came across that myRIO has been discontinued. Can anyone on this forum assist in this information? We got a research grant and require myRIO as our embedded controller. Thanks in advance. Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(294 Views)

I hope not!  We use myRIO in some of our Projects, and I've steered some of our more inquisitive and adventurous Engineering students to check out this mighty package.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(233 Views)

You still can buy it from NI.
However you have to accept that the current and future software will not support, you have to downgrade your software to 2019.
This is the sad part, no more investment on this product, it is just a cash cow.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(221 Views)

@dog-block-sock wrote:

You still can buy it from NI.
However you have to accept that the current and future software will not support, you have to downgrade your software to 2019.
This is the sad part, no more investment on this product, it is just a cash cow.

I believe that, while there is no myRIO Toolkit 2020, there will be a myRIO Toolkit 2021, though it might lag a bit behind the roll-out of LabVIEW 2021.  From my discussions with people who work for NI, I think that the myRIO (and its software support) are not in serious danger at this time.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(39 Views)

Thanks. 

This is exactly what NI rep here told me. Thankfully our project isn't suffering at all. However we will have to make some serious investments in our Q14 milestones. Perhaps a cRIO since we are not quite sure about myRIO support in the coming 2 years. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(30 Views)

The myRIO has so much in such a compact little box, needing only a 15V supply, having WiFi, lots of A/D, D/A, digital I/O, etc., and an FPGA if you need fast ... 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(21 Views)