From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i connect myRIO and computer?

Hello,

I watched some videos in ni website. I have to use NI Software CD which is in the box. But I can't use because I don't have and cd reader. How can ı use in myRIO in my computer and how can ı embade LabView codes in myRIO?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,847 Views)

Hello,

Actually the software from your CD is not different in any way from a software, which you can download from ni.com website. So you could go on and download it from Required and Optional Software to Program NI myRIO page.

LabVIEW based Robotics - roboticsclub.ru/en/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,806 Views)

Sorry for answering an old(er) Post -- I'm new to this Forum (I've been active on the main LabVIEW forum for a decade), and have recently "resurrected" a 6-year-old myRIO.  Here are the steps for connecting myRIO and myPC:

• Install LabVIEW on myPC.  If you are installing a recent (e.g. LabVIEW 2019 or 2020) version of LabVIEW, you do it by going to NI's site and looking for Software Downloads.  You'll want to have a current LabVIEW License (I'm not sure that LabVIEW Community Edition will support myRIO ...).
  • You start by downloading and installing NIPM, the NI Package Manager, which then acts as the Installer.
  • I recommend that you install 32-bit LabVIEW (on, of course, 64-bit Windows 10).  I also recommend that you install LabVIEW, not LabVIEW NXG.
  • A lot has been written on the main LabVIEW Forum about How to Install LabVIEW, so I'll be brief (and tailor this to installing a LabVIEW + myRIO system, no other Bells nor Whistles):
    • Install just 32-bit LabVIEW.  No Device Drivers, no other software.  Choose only the AddOns (I forget what they are called, "Additional Stuff?") that you are pretty sure you will want/need.  Reboot (after each of the following steps, also reboot).
    • Install LabVIEW Real-Time (since the myRIO is a LabVIEW Real-Time Target).  Again, nothing else.  Reboot.
    • Install Drivers.  You want DAQmx and VISA.  You (probably) don't need IEEE-488.2.  Reboot.
    • Install the myRIO Toolkit appropriate for your LabVIEW version.  You might need to hunt for it in NIPM.  Reboot.
  • Start LabVIEW, activate its licenses.  Open MAX.  Plug in your myRIO using its USB connector and, if everything goes well, you'll hear the little "USB sound" and a Welcome to myRIO app will run, inviting you to configure myRIO.
  • You might need to use MAX to update the firmware of the myRIO, as it needs to be consistent with the myRIO Toolkit you just installed.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,420 Views)