From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a MYRIO-1900, does not work (software not being installed?)

I'm trying my best to work with MYRIO, but it's impossible to find a solution for my problem. I've tried searching everywhere and trying every solution but it's frustrating trying to work with this device with the limited help available online. The serial number provided does not even activate online when I use it.

Anyway the problem: I got an MYRIO-1900 and I'm trying to get it to work. I tried to do a simple program which turns the LEDs on but when I try run it, the error message "Unable to resolve from current dialog" shows up and does not work. I attached the error message in the file help1.png below.

I started up NI MAX, and saw below the software under the MyRIO that there was no software installed, as you can see in the help2.png pic below. I clicked on the Add/Remove Software to install the software which prompted me to format the disk first, which I did while "Preserving the settings for all network adaptors". 

Then in picture help3.png is what I see once this process is finished. I'm not sure if this means it was successfully completed or not, but it says the system did not restart but the disk was reformatted. So I unplug the power and plug it back, the LabVIEW Real-Time Software Wizard boots up and I choose "NI MyRIO 17.6 December 2017" as the software version I wanted to install, and the installation started. This then abruptly stops and produces the error "Execution of external command, script or application failed." and I attached the picture of the error below in help6.png.

I unplugged the power and plugged it back, I go to the the USB prompted the "myRIO USB Monitor" which says the required software is missing on the MyRIO. So I launch the getting started wizard which begins installing the software on the MyRIO. But halfway through this installation, an "Unrecoverable error" occurs called Error -2147220312. This is seen in the picture help5.png.

I've tried everything I can find online and at every solution there's some random error that show up. This has been a frustrating experience for me and this device is worth thousands. Please tell me what's wrong with the software being installed, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,096 Views)

Hello JitheshS,

No worries, sounds like your myRIO is not yet properly installed. Thanks for all the screenshots, they were helpful.

It sounds to me like you already went through most of the steps in this article: Error -2147220312 When Updating myRIO Software

Could you please try again and check that you did it in the correct order?

Depending on what you did before, your device might be or might not be in in "safe mode": Have a look at its manual on page 12.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,045 Views)