Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General questions regarding force sensors and the myDAQ

The overall goal with the myDAQ and force sensors is to measure the force on people's feet they experience while walking in shoes.

First off, I have been having trouble determining if there are any compatibility requirements I need to aware of when selecting a force sensor. Right now, with my very limited knowledge, I am looking at Flexiforce sensors, specifically the A201 or A301 model. Would either of them work with the myDAQ? If anyone has any better options, I am all ears. There are only two requirements; since these sensors need to inserted in the shoe somehow they need to be low profile and the ability to sense forces up to 200lb. Most of the low profile force sensors that I have seen are for small forces, 25 or 50 lb.

I would also like to have two sensors and read the output of both sensors at the same time. Is that possible with the myDAQ?

Thanks for any help or advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,725 Views)

Fred,

To answer your myDAQ questions, the specifications sheet will be very helpful when looking at which inputs and outputs you can utilize. It does have two differential analog inputs, so you should be able to handle two sensors with voltage outputs at the same time.

As far as which sensors to use, the most important things to look at are output type (here you have listed linear voltage outputs), excitation or driving voltage (myDAQ has access to 5 or 15V power), and how much current will be required. I have copied the link to the specifications below if you have further questions of electrical requirements.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373060e.pdf

Good luck building your force sensors!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,697 Views)

Hello Sir,

I am trying to acquire data from a 200lb s type load cell by using myDAQ. Please share your experience with it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,506 Views)