From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -10401 occurred at AI Group Config -

Hi,

I am using PXI-6115s to drive and sense with piezos. I have a Labview VI for this which uses Traditional NIDAQ. When I run it I get the following error message,

Error -10401 occurred at AI Group Config -

|NI-DAQ LV:  The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device.......

I have ver 4.5 of the NI measurement and explorer and I am able to run panel self-test. I have also been able to successfully run the hardware with NIDAQmx and Matlab.  Although, when I use the traditional NIDAQ driver in MATLAB the system hangs very often. Thanks in advance for your help!

Muhammad Haroon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,937 Views)

Since it is working with DAQmx, why don't you just write the program with those functions instead of the obsolete traditional DAQ?

I suspect that the only reason you are getting the error is that MAX is setup to use the DAQmx driver. In order to switch drivers, see this.

Message 2 of 3
(7,933 Views)
I am completely new to Labview and am using someone else's Vi which they have successfully used before but with an older version of MAX. I have tried resetting the drivers and still get the same error. I also reinstalled the hardware.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,927 Views)