Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Out on myRIO

Hi guys, this might be the stupidest problem ever. I am new to myRIO and I have some experience with LabVIEW.

Here is my problem: I am trying to create a vi that I can input a frequency on front panel and have a sine wave with that frequency being output through the audio out until I click a stop button. I would like to be able to hear that frequency using headphones plugged on that audio out port. That's it.

I have been trying to do that for hours with different methods, and all I got out was clicks on the headphones. Guys help me, please help me. Getting frustrated with myRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,260 Views)

Hey Alias5m5,

You should be able to do that. How are you coding this in LabVIEW?

I've attached a VI, but you should have an outside while loop (or for loop), a Simulate Signal Express VI, convert the Dynamic Data to a numeric data type and feed it into an auto-indexed loop, which goes into your Analog Output (1 sample) Express VI configured to output to AudioOut/Left (or Right).

Essentially, you'll be outputting 1 sample at a time, and this will be software timed by the for loop. Try that, and let me know what questions you have. Also, if you do have more questions, attaching your VI, or posting a screenshot can definitely be helpful!

Thanks,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,227 Views)