Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nanosecond Pulse on myRio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone

I'm new to LabVIEW/myRIO.

I need to program the myRIO for an experiment. One of the requirements is to produce a TTL pulse with a width of 10 to 200 nanoseconds. The specifications of the myRIO mention a minimum pulse width of 20 ns on the DIO lines, which should be okay as well.

So far I've only seen the Pulse Timer which seems to work in the Milliseconds-range only.

Does the specified 20 ns minimum refer to the shortest ducy cycle possible in the case of a PWM signal or is it also possible to create the pulse in a "one-time" fashion?

English isn't my native language, please excuse all the spelling and grammatical errors. Hope I got my point across neverthelss.

Thank you

All the best,

bunchabowl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,522 Views)

Hi bunchabowl,

20ns minimum pulse width refers to the hardware specification of digital output. You can achieve it by defining low level logic in the FPGA VI.

Answering your question, 20ns is not achievable with the high level/express VIs available in the default real-time.

NI myRIO PWM express VIs and myRIO PWM Advanced IO VIs are hard coded to support frequencies of 40Hz to 40KHz.

Best Regards,
TK
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,420 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bunchabowl

Hey n_dakota

I didn't understand the project explorer when I created the thread. I was trying to create a Single Cycle Timed Loop in the Real-Time-VI and got confused that the SCTL-Function wasn't available. I found a way to create pulses with the resolution of the given clock, but the Digital output will still need 20 Nanoseconds to reach the High/Low-Logic-Level.Pulse-Creation.png

Best,

bunchabowl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,353 Views)