Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing MAVLink Protocol on MyRio

Hello,

I'm developing an autopilot on MyRIO board and I'm wondering if i could implement MAVLink mission compatibility to support GCS apps like QGroundControl, APM Planner, ...

Here is some info on MAVLink:

http://qgroundcontrol.org/mavlink/start

https://mavlink.io/en/

and another question

Is it possible to build MAVLink from its source files and convert them to DLL  and Call it from RT and use it?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,990 Views)

Moo127,

It looks like there has been some community work in a forum here (linked to a particularly helpful post on the thread) to work with MAVLink in LabVIEW. As far as compiling it into a DLL and calling it on the RT side--DLLs are Windows specific and you'd want to make sure to compile it to the right specifications for Linux RT, which is what runs on the myRIO. I've linked an article here on that. There's also a good white paper on integrating C code to Linux specifically. As far as integrating MAVLink specifically, I can't speak to the results you'll get, but it sounds like a really interesting project! 

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,930 Views)

Thank you for sharing these resources

but the third on integrating C code to Linux didn't complete the tutorial on how to convert the static library to .os
it only demonstrated how to create a “Shared Library” project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,920 Views)

Have you looked over the getting started guide for the development tools in Eclipse? That should take you through the steps to compile the source code into a .so, using the appropriate compile chain. 

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,888 Views)

yes, I checked this tutorial and but don't know how to configure the project and covert the whole library to .so

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,884 Views)

So, right when you start setting up the project and get to step four of that guide, instead of creating an executable, one drop down below that will created a shared library. Setting the project initially to that and then using the Cross GCC compile should result in a .so file. Does that help clear things up?

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,865 Views)