From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA board not recognized by PC, doesn't install drivers

Not finding the drivers for a board labeled as national Instruments Digital Electronics FPGA Board, CCA 193426B-01L.  When I plug in the USB the system attempts to figure out the device but cannot.  I'm unable to find drivers for this particular board. What are my options? Where can I find these drivers for Windows XP Pro?  (I'm not sure if I selected the right board above, but mine wasn't listed and I had to select something)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(12,251 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

The product manual for the Digital Electronics FPGA Board can be found here.  It looks like the driver that you are missing is NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board Driver Software 3.1, which can be located here.

If you plan on using this device in LabVIEW, you will also need the LabVIEW FPGA Module.  The alternative is to use Xilinx iMPACT which can be found at www.xilinx.com/ise.  This is all detailed in the Installation and Setup part of the aforementioned manual.

Thanks!

Jon S

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(12,241 Views)

Good stuff, Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(12,237 Views)

Hi, I am a a High School Engineering Teacher and was wondering if the operating system will have any effect to the software, the previous guy has Windows XP Pro, but I have Windows 7 will this change anything with the way the software operates?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(11,842 Views)

The NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board Driver Software download link says that the driver is supported for Windows 7 as well. You shouldn't have any problem using this driver on your Windows 7 computer.

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(11,821 Views)

Thanks for your help. I was able to download the driver on all of my machines. The program is able to detect the FPGA Board. I have downloaded all of the other programs needed but I am still getting the same message on multiSim after step 9 of 11 that there was 1 error and the program could not download to the FPGA board. Do you know how to fix this.

Giovanni Neri 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(11,813 Views)

Giovanni,

Can you please specifically describe what action you are completing that brings about the error and attach a screenshot?

Also, it looks like there are some versions we need to get lined up for it the driver/OS/LabVIEW Software to work correctly. This is described on this forum.

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Is your Windows 7 machine 64-bit or 32-bit?

What version of the NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board Driver did you download? I think I originally mistakenly pointed you toward version 3.1, while you probably need 4.3 (LabVIEW 2011 SP1) or 5.2 (LabVIEW 2012) depending on which version of LabVIEW you have.

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(11,803 Views)

I have the same problem.  It is XP Professional 64 bit.  I've had IT in my room for two solid days.  We cannot get windows to recognize the board.  The link above installs, but windows says there is no driver.  We can't manually assign one either.  Is there a 64 bit version of what you linked above?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,614 Views)

Hi LHS_Engineering,

To confirm, you have both the FPGA Module and the NI Digital Electronics FPGA Board Driver Software mentioned above installed on the machine? 

Which version of LabVIEW are you using?

regards,

Jared T.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,593 Views)