Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amplitude modulation on myRIO FPGA

Hi there, 

Any help is appreciated. 

I am trying to implement amplitude modulation with the myRIO FPGA with the message signal being an audio in. My main problems are:

- Generating a carrier sine wave of customisable frequency 

-  The mixing of this (sampled at much higher than the 44k audio sample) and my audio in signal to produce a transmittable signal.

I've created a non FPGA model of what i would like help on (attached)

Thanks

Watter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,761 Views)

Hi Watter,

Thank you for posting your question here. 

First of all, here are some resources on getting started with FPGA programming in general. I hope these can be of use to you when setting up your project:

Getting Started With LabVIEW FPGA

Testing and Debugging LabVIEW FPGA Code

Transferring Data between Devices or Structures Using FIFOs (FPGA Module)

Creating FIFOs in FPGA VIs (FPGA Module)

Regarding your first problem, I am not sure exactly what you mean. What issues are you experiencing regarding the creation of this sine wave? I will also include two links regarding FPGA and sine wave generation, please let me know if this is what you want to achieve:

Sine Wave Generator Express VI

Sinusoidal Waveform Generation with LabVIEW FPGA (Sine Generator Express VI)

If you could please specify your questions a bit more it will be easier for me to help you with this. Also, keep in mind that FPGA probably will not have resources enough for all the front panel displays in the code you uploaded. I would recommend you to transfer the data to a Real Time vi and display it from there. The analysis you are performing can be done in either VI.

I hope this gives you an idea of how to start creating this FPGA project.

Best regards,

Sara 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,721 Views)