Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myRio error

I get the following error when I use the I2C at the same time as the FPGA open reference.

How can I gain access to the FPGA if I cannot open the reference.

The I2C part works fine on its own and reads accelerometer and gyro info. Likewise the Open reference to the FPGA and invoke method works ok to read and write data to the FPGA - on its own. But not together.

error.PNG

So the error says I must close one of them - but I cannot because I need them both at the same time. I need to read the accelerometer data and send a control signal to the FPGA via the invoke method.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,630 Views)

Hi Tom, 

The error -61202 is typically caused by the VI opening references to multiple FPGA VIs which create problems this is outlined in this short document:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599F-01/lvfpgahosthelp/multiple_fpga_refs/

Would it be possible to check to see if this is the case? This would seem to agree with the fact that recently there has been integration between two FPGA VIs.

Does this apply to your application? Do you have any questions about how best to manage your references? 

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,578 Views)

Thanks for that - yes this is the problem but I cannot close things and open them again as I need to read from the two at the same time. I am reading from I2C and hence referencing using I2C.vlib open and also opening a reference to the FPGA target because I am using read-write control to the FPGA to send data to and from the FPGA. Both reads are within a real-time infinite loop. do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,571 Views)

Talked to some colleagues. 

It turns out you can only run one VI on the FPGA target at a time. 

You can get around this by either calling them both as subVIs in one main VI. or just copying the content of one of the codes into the other.

Hope that helps,

David Raji 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,560 Views)